Today it is very important not to make a mistake in choosing an educational institution and your future profession.
The Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating (IAAR) carries out its activities not only to improve the quality and competitiveness of the organization of education and educational programs, but also to provide up-to-date information on recognized (accredited) educational organizations and educational programs, on the rating of universities and educational programs, which allow to determine the competitive advantages of an educational institution, increase its credibility and raise its image on the national and international markets of educational services.
With the help of information on accreditation and rating, you can determine the degree of trust on the part of stakeholders and the effectiveness of educational programs.
It is very important for a modern student that he/she is attending an educational program accredited by internationally recognized bodies. Otherwise, a student's diploma may be uncompetitive and unconvertible in terms of continuing education abroad or employment in Kazakhstan or abroad.
What opportunities does the international accreditation of universities and their educational programs provide to students?
This is a great opportunity for:
- participation in various programs of academic mobility in foreign partner universities with credits offset
- admission to other foreign universities for master's and doctoral programs
- international recognition, comparability and convertibility of diplomas and qualifications awarded by a university
- increasing the competitiveness of the graduate both on the national and international labor market, employment by profession in the country and abroad.
- Check the educational program of universities or colleges in Kazakhstan for accreditation of the educational program you are considering for admission (information can be found on the University's website, on the IAAR website in the section "Register" or in the National Register of Accredited Educational Programs on the website of the Bologna Process and Academic Mobility Center of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan). We remind you that the program must be accredited for the entire duration of your studies so that you can freely study under the programs of academic mobility, enroll in foreign universities to continue your studies, and get a job abroad after graduation and obtaining a diploma.
- Make sure that the accreditation agency that accredited your educational program is included in the Register of Recognized Accreditation Bodies (the Bologna Process and Academic Mobility Center of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and is also included in the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR). This is very important, since only the accreditation by agencies included in these registers has international accreditation status and is recognized in the European Higher Education Area.
- Check what place your study program occupies in the National Rating of Demand for Universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which is annually held by the Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating (on the IAAR website in the "Ranking" section). Along with this, you can use other recognized international resources to obtain information on the rating of a particular educational program. Remember that the leading criterion for assessing the success of an educational institution is considered to be the employment of graduates after graduation.
- More detailed results of the external evaluation of universities and their programs can be found in the section "External Review Reports".
- If you are a senior student, know the legal framework in the field of education, the main provisions of the Bologna process, member of the student organizations and actively participate in the life of educational organizations, then you have the opportunity to become a student expert and contribute to the evaluation of educational programs. More about this in the section "Students in Quality Assurance".
We hope that our recommendations will help you make the right choice and get a decent higher education.
For more detailed information, you can contact us by phone number +7 (7172) 76-85-59 or write us a letter in the "Feedback" section on the IAAR website.